Friday, March 10, 2017

Spring Break!!!

Hi all! As I mentioned earlier, this is my Spring break so unfortunately there won’t be a post about my research this week. Even though I technically didn’t have to go into work this week, I still visited a couple days for about an hour each to work on the surveys a bit. And GUESS WHAT?! I got to meet an NFL football player for the Los Angeles Rams. His name is E.J. Gaines. Guys, believe me I was trying so hard to keep my jaw from dropping during his PT session. I also felt like if I told him I was a Cardinals fan he wouldn't talk to me so I kept that to myself (for those who don't know, the Rams and Cardinals are HUGE rivals). But now that we're cool, maybe I'll tell him if I see him again and I'll let you guys know what he says :-). Also I’m going to try to get him in my survey sample so I can have an excuse to talk to him each week, but wish me luck guys!

Here's just some proof that I'm not lying :-)

Image result for ej gaines rams



Image result for ej gaines rams



Image result for ej gaines rams gif
(He's the one who makes the tackle)

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a relaxing spring break and we’ll be back on track next week!


dance the office steve carell michael scott boozecruise




15 comments:

  1. Hey Ameya! If E.J.Gaines is the guy that made that tackle, I dare you to tell him you're a Cards fan ;-) I'll be waiting at the hospital for when you break half your bones and need to get them fixed! But that's besides the point, meeting E.J. Gaines is SO cool!!! Do me a favor and let him know that I'm a Rams fan, so we can get in touch ya know ;-) In terms of your research, since he is a professional football player for a living and probably has tenser muscles, do you think it will take him longer to get better after using the home treatments you guys prescribe him, or do you think his recovery rate will be about the same as any normal patient? Do you think it'd be harder for him to comply because of his chosen path of living, and possibly skew your data if you were to have him in your survey sample? Anyways, I'm glad you had a great spring break, and I'm looking forward to what you do at work next week, especially that video of Bruin!!! ;-) Also, by the way, I absolutely LOVE the quote you chose for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Simran! EJ is a professional football player and has been playing the sport for the majority of his life. As a result, his muscles are actually much stronger than a normal patient's with all the consecutive training and therapy he does. So even though his muscles are possibly more strained than a normal patient's, they are equipped to sustain such a strain with heightened strength. And with his almost daily training/therapy, EJ is a very compliant patient. Therefore, I anticipate his muscles to recover quicker than usual as they are constantly being strengthened. So if I were to hypothetically incorporate him into my sample, I believe he would just prove my hypothesis as his accelerated recovery will be a result of the constant exercising/stretching he performs outside of the clinic. Thanks for another detailed comment, hopefully all your questions are answered :-).

      Delete
  2. Hey Ameya, like you, I am a huge Cardinals fan. Even though he is on the rams, it so so cool you met a NFL player. Looking forward to next week's post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ameya,
    It sounds like your break is gonna be great. I'm excited to see next weeks post. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely was Shiza :-). I hope yours was great as well. See you next week!

      Delete
  4. Happy spring break! Don't forget to remember to not change your clock an hour because you forgot that it was daylight savings time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's honestly super cool (even though I don't follow football). Hope you had a great break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, I did. I hope yours was great as well!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ameya,
    I hope you have a good break! I can't wait to see the future development of your blogs. Best of luck for the survey.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes Audrey :-D. See you next week!

      Delete
  8. Hey Ameya! It's awesome that you met a football player, and I hope your spring break was awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanmyaa, it definitely was much-needed :-)

      Delete