Friday, March 31, 2017

Bright New Faces and Familiar Faces

Hi there, everyone! I hope you guys all missed me because I sure missed you. For some reason, it feels like forever since I’ve made one of these posts. Maybe it was the fact that this week was mostly much of the same ol’ process, but every week is progress and I’m still very excited to share it with you all :-).


So here’s the thing. Just when I thought we finally reached consistency within our clinical team, I see two new bright faces walk through the doors. I think it’s safe to say now that there’s always going to be students coming and going for their respective clinical rotations, and there really is no predictability as to how long a certain staff group may stay intact. Nonetheless, I still would like to introduce you guys to Chandra and Marissa. Both of these women are extremely driven and dedicated to their craft as they strive to work their way up in the PT realm. Each were able to connect and work with patients in their own unique way as I was there in the background steadily taking notes :-P. I think it’s safe to say that after my stay here I will have met so many new people, all with diverse traits and methods, yet all equally important to me and my growth as a person :-).


Also, I don’t know if you guys still remember Joe from the first few weeks of my internship (the guy with the amazing beard), but he came back to visit us all on Wednesday. I really got a chance to catch up with him and was able to get advice for college and other aspects of my not-too-distant future. But in case you guys wanted an update on him, he’s currently preparing for a presentation that he has to give in May (just like me!) and entering that final stretch of PT school, eventually making him a free bird :-). He mentioned he’ll also be coming back to visit next Wednesday so I’ll definitely be looking forward to that. But in all, good luck to you, Joe as you begin the end of PT school! :-)


SURVEY UPDATE: So the surveys have been coming along pretty smoothly. I talked to my faculty adviser, Ms. Kaur, and she told me not to worry about the sample size having decreased a bit (phew!). Essentially, since the data of the sample of patients I did manage to survey all seem to prove my hypothesis, there’s really no concern :-). But this week, I managed to compile all my data into a spreadsheet and over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be creating graphs and tables from that data and work to display a correlation between patient compliance and improvement.


Alrighty, that should just about do it for this post. I know this was a kind of shorter than usual, but this week was mostly the same routine as we continue to inch closer to the end. I can’t believe it’s almost here and I’ll definitely miss the family I have at Synergy. But for the next two weeks, I’ll make the most of my time with them and hopefully bring you guys some more exciting and lively experiences :-). As always, thank you all for taking time time out of your day to read my post and I’ll see you guys next week!!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that all of your results are what you expected! How many people exactly are actually in your survey now? Have a great week, and I hope that your powerpoint preparation is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trey! There are 13 total patients within my sample size. Thanks for the good wishes :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ameya,
    It's great to hear that your progress on the survey is going well. I can't wait to see the results. What was your hypothesis for the survey? Good luck next week.
    Shiza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiza! My hypothesis is as follows, "if patients display a higher degree of compliance, their improvement will consequently increase."

      Delete
  3. Hey Ameya, congratulations on your data supporting your hypothesis. After working at Synergy for the last eight weeks, do you consider physical therapy a field you might want to go into when you are older?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joey! I'm still not sure as to what the future has to hold, but I've definitely enjoyed my time here at Synergy :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Ameya! It's good to see that your data support your hypothesis and that despite your sample size decreasing, all of your data is still valid. I hope the next two weeks are just as positive as this week was, even if things aren't excitingly new every week. I hope your powerpoint presentation goes well (lol mine is still not exactly up to par)! P.S. thanks for pointing out the 12-year old thing. I'm going to keep it on my blog because it's too funny to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanmyaa! Thank you for all the kind wishes. And no worries about that 12-year old thing lol, that's what friends are for :)

      Delete
  5. Ameya,
    It's good to hear that the survey supports your hypothesis but were there any individuals that didn't? Or one particular aspect that was slightly different? See you next week, and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Audrey! For the most part, my data shows that patients with a higher compliance improve more efficiently while patients with a lower compliance don't exactly have the same luck. There may be a few on the border, but nothing to worry about :)

      Delete
  6. Ameya, It is great that all your results match your hypothesis. Hopefully, next week will be as cool and interesting as this one. I can not wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Ameya! Congrats that you can back up your hypothesis. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi! Thanks so much and see you next week:)

      Delete