Friday, April 7, 2017

Stomach Flu :(

Hi everyone! As you can see from the title, I had the stomach flu this week and let me just say, it was not fun :-(. Currently, I’m almost fully recovered with on-and-off headaches and body-aches. Pretty soon, I’ll be 100%, jumping around and causing trouble just like usual :-). But, I do want to give a quick shout-out to my mom who actually stayed up with me while I was sick and  nursed me back to health. So thanks mom <3! Now with regards to my work at the clinic this week, obviously I wasn’t able to interact and connect as well as I would’ve liked to (Vincent asked to take it easy this week to recover), yet I still found ways to integrate myself and gather the necessary data for my research. I also managed to photograph the Synergy slogan which lies on the wall of the office, overlooking the entire clinic, and I really feel it fits the mood of this post.

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

That’s right guys, stand strong. I hope for anyone who had a tough week like me can be able to stand up once again and persevere even stronger :-). This slogan is something therapists here work to embed within each patient’s mindset. See, we have to understand that not all patients is privileged with adequate health, financial viability, or simply others to look after them. However, the only way for them to recover is to not focus on the negatives because that just brings them down even further, right? Many don’t understand that physical therapy is not only a physical battle, but a mental one as well. A patient’s will and hard work dictates his/her recovery. This even factors in and affects their compliance. Patients unable to “stand strong” may be less motivated to continue working and improve themselves whereas patients whom display that very will tend to display greater compliance and thus more efficient recovery. In all, always remember to have a positive attitude guys, you’ll be surprised how far it can take you! :-)


Now being that it’s week 9, next week will be my last week working here at Synergy :-(. The interactions and relationships I’ve been able to form with my co-workers and patients will never be forgotten. And speaking of patients, I gathered another week’s worth of data from my sample and am working towards putting everything together for you guys. Next week, I’ll display some graphs for you all, establishing the merits of compliance and its correlation with patient improvement. It’s definitely been a pleasure to share my experiences with you guys for yet another week and I can’t thank you all enough for sticking with me this far and monitoring my progress. Until next week!




16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your feeling better! I can't wait to see how your presentation turns out; I'm really curious about the data you've collected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trey! I too am excited. See you next week :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Ameya,
    It's good to hear that you're feeling better. I think that the slogan you all have is really positive. I look forward to next weeks post. Good luck.
    Shiza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shiza! Thanks for the feedback that slogan is really powerful :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ameya, I'm sorry that you had the stomach flu. I've been there and done that too many times, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.It's kinda hard to believe that our projects are almost over, but I can't wait to see how your data looks! Good luck on your presentation (not that you're going to need it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanmyaa! Thanks for the well wishes. You must know the stomach flu isn't fun, but in the end we all have to STAND STRONG. See what I did there :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Ameya,
    I totally agree that recovering is largely mental along with the physical aspect of it. Even at the gym I work out at, it helps to see the motivational line of text that they too have up on the wall. I'm sorry to hear that in two weeks you'll be leaving us, but am excited to see you're final post. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joey! Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. I'm glad you can apply what you see in my blog to aspects of your life :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Ameya, It is great to see you are feeling better. I can not believe that your blog post are going to be over soon. I will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ameya,
    I am sorry to hear about the stomach flu.. that is rough. Sounds like the mottos and lessons you are learning can help you in the future with life. Can you believe your project is almost over? See you next week.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Audrey! No, I can't believe it :-0. I'm definitely going to miss all the wonderful people I've met and sharing all those experiences with you all!

      Delete
  7. Im sorry you have the stomach flu, however I'm happy you're on the mend! I'm excited to see the data you post next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Case! Thanks for the kind wishes. See you next week :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Ameya! Hope you are feeling better. And great integration of being sick into your overall project! Very smooth. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi! Thanks so much for noticing that I really tried on that one :)

      Delete